Climbing Kilimanjaro By Choosing The Best Route & Acclimatization
- May 30, 2019
- By Quest Horizons Safaris
Everyone wants to be a hero. But only those with some real courage can do something extraordinary. Going for Kilimanjaro Trekking is one of them. Taking the decision to climb up to the Uhuru peak is not an easy one. You need to prepare for the ultimate climb for months before.
Joining some brainstorming sessions with the experienced people to note their ideas and experiences and how they have coped with the extremities of the climb can be helpful. You must also go for rigorous training as well to make yourself fit for the climb.
Now let’s gather more info about Climbing &Trekking which will enable everyone to manage the climb well:-
For Trekking On Kilimanjaro you should know about its weather first:-
- Kilimanjaro is a type of mountain which is capable of creating its own weather and controlling it.
- Those who are really willing to go for the Kilimanjaro Trekking must head towards the mountain in the months from March till May that is considered to be the best for the climb.
The Risk Of Going To High Altitude On Kilimanjaro
Going for the hike is really a cool idea but it has its own set of risky shortcomings that can go hard on climbers who are careless:-
- Acute Mountain Sickness is a major concern for every individual who is Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- The only way to minimize the level of altitude sickness is giving a chance to your body to naturally get acclimatized with the mountainous environment.
What Route Should You Climb Kilimanjaro?
When it comes to choosing a specific route for your Kilimanjaro Trekking Tours, every route has its own pros & cons and you will have to select the one which can be most suitable for you.
- Marangu Route is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain but the shortage of time on this route fairly makes altitude acclimatization difficult.
- Machame Route is considered to be one of the scenic but difficult to climb for hikers but it gives an added advantage of acclimatization.
- Lemosho Route is recommended by most operators because of its beauty, remoteness & high rate of success.
- Rongai Route is known for gaining popularity among climbers for low crowds. It is the reasonably difficult route and suggested for those with less backpacking.
- Umbwe Route is a short, steeped & direct route. This route is good for a quick ascent but the same can’t be said for acclimatization.
Do You Need To Train Before Going To Kilimanjaro?
For hiking on Kilimanjaro, you need to train in a gym or run a marathon. You just have to walk very slowly for trekking up to Uhuru peak and make sure your body gets habituated for demands of the hike.
Will You Be Sleeping In A Tent On Kilimanjaro?
Yes, climbers will be sleeping on makeshifts tents on Kilimanjaro which can be erected easily anywhere you want.
What Is Summit Night On Kilimanjaro?
It doesn’t matter which route the backpackers are using while on Kilimanjaro Trekking Tours to reach the peak. Anyway, the summit night on the mountain is going to be challenging for every trekker. The mountaineer has to leave his high camp at midnight and take a slow walk which is mentally challenging to reach the camp.
Sign Up With A Professional Kilimanjaro Team
All those who are interested in Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro must sign up with a professional team like Quest Horizon Safari which will help every customer in choosing the best route which will be suitable for their requirements.
In order to go for the Kilimanjaro Trekking wise planning as well, suggestions from doctors & any other prior experience are crucial for selecting the best possible route for the climb. Just contact us @ questhorizonsafaris.com to gather more information.